Content: Physical Education/ Health
1) Website: PE Central
2) Website Address: http://www.pecentral.org
3) Copyright date and/or last update: PE Central® Copyright © 1996-2015. On March of 2015 PE Central and S&S Worldwide worked together to completely redesign PE Central.
4) Author/Organization Credentials: The idea of PE Central originally began in the Fall of 1995 by Dr. George Graham and the doctoral students in Virginia Tech's Health and Physical Education Program. Mark Manross, Todd Pennington, Eloise Elliott, Kim Oliver, Starla McCollum, Sarah Westfal, Cathrine Himberg, Natalie Doering, Jennifer Chomicky, and Sharon Whitlock were the original doctoral students in our Special Topics Class who framed the idea for PE Central. Reginald Kimball and Mike Burch were Masters students who also participated in PE Central's development. PE Central exists to assist teachers, parents, and others who work with youngsters to guide them in the process of becoming physically active and healthy for a lifetime.
5) Website design and ease of navigation: The website is great and user friendly. It is easy to navigate through all the different options they provide. The website has the menu bar across the top of the page and the tabs are divided into specific subjects. I enjoyed the lesson ideas, the assessment ideas, videos, professional development, and equipment to buy. The site is informational and great to use. I also enjoyed the tweets section to the right. This provides educators a review of what other educators have found helpful about the website.
6) Response and recommendations for use: This website is full of information and great for all physical education teachers of all levels. This website provides lesson assessments and ideas for educators to use. The best way to use this website is to gather ideas and opinions for physical education lesson plans. This website will take Physical Education to the next level. PE Central exists to assist teachers, parents, and others who work with youngsters to guide them in the process of becoming physically active and healthy for a lifetime.
1) Website: Kids Health from Nemours
2) Website Address: http://kidshealth.org
3) Copyright date and/or last update: © 2016 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth.
4) Author/Organization Credentials: KidsHealth in the Classroom is created by KidsHealth, it provides doctor-approved health information about children from before birth through adolescence. The website is created by The Nemours Foundation's Center for Children's Health Media. The Nemours Center for Children's Health Media is a part of The Nemours Foundation, an organization created by philanthropist Alfred I. duPont in 1936 and devoted to improving the health of children.
5) Website design and ease of navigation: The website is useful and great to use. It is used by educators, parents, teens, and kids. The website provides links for either of the sections provided above. I enjoyed the educators part of the website. It has lengths to different lesson assessments and ideas on the project. The website also provides different categories for the different levels of teaching.
6) Response and recommendation for use: Overall this is a great website for anyone interested about their health or for health educators. There are health articles that can be used with students in your classroom. Parents also have access to the website so that they may work with their kids on their health status. This website offers free health resources for preK-12 teachers through KidsHealth in the Classroom. Teacher's Guides include discussion questions, quizzes and answer keys, classroom activities and extensions, and printable handouts - all aligned to National Health Education Standards.
1) Website: PE 4 Life
2) Website Address: http://www.pe4life.org
3) Copyright date and/or last updated: Copyright © PE4LIFE
4) Author/Organization Credentials: PE4life is a nonprofit agency that helps schools build fit kids by advocating for and assisting in the development and enhancement of physical education programs and physical activity opportunities in schools and communities.
5) Website Design and ease of navigation: The website is super friendly and attractive. It provides resources to different websites that help with health education. The website is easy to navigate through and easy to comprehend.
6) Response and recommendation of use: The website is more informational website of what the program is about. This website is limited on the stuff that it can be used for. It is an agency website that helps schools build physical educations programs and also provides success stories and resources to help build a great physical education program.
1) Website: Spark
2) Website Address: http://www.sparkpe.org
3) Copyright date and/or last updated: © 2009-2016 SPARK
4) Author/Organization credentials: SPARK is a research-based organization that disseminates evidence-based Physical Education, After School, Early Childhood, and Coordinated School Health programs to teachers and recreation leaders serving Pre-K through 12th grade students.
5) Website design and ease of navigation: The website has great attraction and is user friendly. I enjoyed the free resources that are provided on the side for educators to use and apply to lesson plans. The website also provides links with activities to use during school, after school, and for early childhood.
6) Response and recommendation of use: This website is great for educators and parents. It is another website that provides lesson plans, ideas, and training tips for educators. Parents can also gather information so they can use at home with their students. Spark provides innovative products and programs to the Educational Marketplace, servicing the needs of teachers and schools to ensure students of all ages receive the scholastic support they need to advance their learning and reach their full potential.
1) Website: Fitness Blender
2) Website Address: www.fitnessblender.com
3) Copyright Date: 2014 Fitness Blender.
4) Author/ Organization Credentials: Fitness Blender is a website created by two personal trainers who are husband and wife. The reason Fitness Blender was created was because they believe that fitness should be accessible to everyone, regardless of their income. They also felt like there was a lack of reliable health and fitness information on the web, and too many people in the industry were more focused on appearance than they were on good health.
5) Website Design and Ease of Navigation: The website design for Fitness Blender is easy and great to navigate through. They have tabs that take you to different workouts, videos, and calendars. The workout tab consists of full video workouts, my favorite workouts, workout programs, and meal plans. They also have a blog tab, individual exercises, and recipes. All the tabs are located at the top and the web has links through out the page. The lings take you to further information depending on what someone would like to know.
6) Response and Recommendation of Use: This website is good for personal trainers and if you are trying to stay healthy. Someone who is needing help stay fit and has a limited budget can really find this website helpful. Meal recipes are provided along with workouts. Videos are also provided to help with technique and form of certain exercises. This website is good for anyone interested in the fitness industry and also great to use for educational purposes.